Nanologica develops nanoporous silica particles as a free-flowing powder tailored for pulmonary drug delivery. The spherical particles are produced in the size range of 2 µm to 5 µm, with narrow particle size distribution, to best reach the desired target site in the lung. The particles are non-aggregating, carry a high drug load, offer a controlled and sustained release profile and are soluble in simulated lung fluid.
- Nanoporous spherical particles
- 2 to 5 µm
- Narrow particle size distribution
- Tuneable particle and pore size
- High loading up to 50%
- Free-flowing powder
Nanologica’s patented NLAB Spiro® technology solves problems in pharmaceutical formulations by improving solubility, enhancing bioavailability and protecting APIs from degradation.
Picture: When the API is loaded into NLAB Spiro® particles the bioavailability increased dramatically compared to the commercial formulation of the API.
The aerodynamic properties of the particles are perfectly tailored for inhalation. Impactor measurements of Mass Median Aerodynamic Diameter (MMAD) for the NLAB Spiro® particles loaded with three different active ingredients show excellent flow properties
If you would like to know more about Nanologica’s drug delivery technology, please contact Prof. Adam Feiler, CTO firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information:
Benefit of NLAB Spiro™
• Enhancing dissolution kinetics of poorly soluble compounds
• Controlling release kinetics
• Improving bioavailability
• Stabilizing amorphous form
• Improving handling of APIs
• Applicable for a broad range of API
• Spherical particles
• 2 to 5 µm
• Tuneable particle and pore size
• High loading up to 50%
• Free-flowing powder